News & Media
The Hirepool Baitemates is starting on Saturday and we want you to be prepared!
Here some tips and tricks to make sure you are safe out there:
• Does the VHF work properly?
• Is the antenna in good condition?
• Check anchor, shackles, chain and warp condition
• If you have an anchor winch, does it need servicing?
• Have you got all your bungs? Check O-Rings
• Check and test your trim tabs
• Make sure your engine has been serviced before you head out – you don’t want to miss out on nice days on the water
• Check plug wires for wear
• Check your prop for damage
• Do you still have your prop flag and is it still in good condition?
• Do you have the latest version of your charts? Check with your electronic supplier, they usually have software updates available
• Check if WOF and Rego are still up to date for the upcoming season
• Are all lights working?
• Make sure your trailer doesn’t have major corrosion
• Are the brakes working?
• Lubricate winch and wheel bearings
• Check rollers
• Check tire pressure and condition of tires
• Check safety chain and shackle
• Check if your batteries are sufficiently charged
• Check the battery electrolyte levels and refill with distilled water if there is not enough fluid
• Make sure your lifejackets are all in good working condition
• Check distress signals and expiration date
• Is your fire extinguisher in good condition and not past it’s expiry date?
• Refresh your First Aid kit and check all expiry dates
• Do you have all your rods for the style of fishing you want to do or try this year?
• Respool aged lines and rig your gear up
• Make sure you’ve got all tackle required
• Check out the latest season of Fishing & Adventure for additional inspiration
• Did you get your gear serviced? BCD, Regulator and tanks need regular servicing
• Make sure you fit still in your wetsuit after the long winter break (it could have shrunk)
• Torches are working and have good batteries
• Catch bag and noose are on the boat for those yummy crays